Girl Scout Gold Award Project
Implementing Plant-based Foods in School Cafeterias
BY: Manduria Belotte
Some of the Benefits of a Plant-based Diet:
- Lowers the risk of Heart Disease.
- Reduces the risk of diabetes.
- Helps maintain a healthy BMI.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Increase in energy level.
Why are plant-based meals in school cafeterias important?
1) Salad Bar:
- Fresh Fruits
Olive Oil & Vinegar
3) Protein Source:
Morning Star Farms Veggie Chicken Nuggets
Meatless Gardein Meatballs
Spaghetti and Red Sauce
Rice and Beans
Daiya Cheddar Mac and Cheese
Vanilla or Chocolate Almond Milk
Naked Brand Vegan Smoothies